Introduction To Abhinav Earn & Learn Scheme
India’s population is huge at 1.21 billion. It is fast expanding at a rate of 17% and intergrating rapidly into the global economy. India is amongst the ‘young’ countries in the world, with the proportion of the work force in the age group of 15-59 years, increasing steadily. India has a great opportunity to meet the future demands of the world and can become the worldwide sourcing hub for skilled workforce. The challenges for India get magnified, as it needs to reach out to the million plus workforce ready population, while facing an ever increasing migration of labour from agriculture to manufacturing and services. India lives in her villages and cities. To bridge the gap between rural Bharat and urban India, this Earn & Learn scheme is beneficial to those students who are intelligent, meritorious but are economically backward, needy and financially hard pressed. It inculcates in the student the idea that no work is big or small and develops a work culture with the right aptitude.
Under the Earn and Learn scheme, Institute selects SSC, HSC, MCVC, ITI students through well designed selection process which involves industry experts. Students undergo classroom training, workshops and practicals according to their shift duty and weekly off. They are deputed to the concerned organizations for on-thejob training. This scheme provides opportunities for the students of economically backward classes/rural areas to complete engineering course. The companies sponsor the students for their educational fees, monthly stipends, uniforms, shoes, insurance cover etc. National skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) is the currect thrust area for Maharashtra as well as Central Government. In line with our state & national mission and framework, University / Institute offers diploma programmes in Engineering & Technology at level 6 of NSQF. This scheme will contribute efforts to the prime Minister’s ambitious “Skill India” mission to promote holistic development.
According to our Hon. PM Narendra Modi, “Skill India” won’t be just a programme but a movement, embracing youth who are jobless, college and school dropouts and giving them a chance to be a part of our workforce which will add value to our economy in a more organized and productive manner. This scheme also helps to improve gross enrollment ratio (GER) which is currently at 17.9 percent, one of the lowest in the world.
Abhinav Skill Centre in association with SVIT and Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) have agreed to offer engineering diploma programmes under “Earn & Learn Scheme” which is approved by Government of Maharashtra by way of issuring a GR No. 2014/ (147 / 14 / Technical Education - 5.)
Objectives & Benefits of EARN & LEARN SCHEME
- Exploit the immense potential of students which is valuable human resource.
- Give students handson experience and thereby prepare them to take up jobs in future.
- Encourage young students to learn about dignity of Labour.
- Prevent students from unavoidable distractions and engage them in meaningful positive activities.
- Reduce dependency of regular ministerial staff whose productivity over a period of time has declined
- Achieve better work efficiency at a lesser cost.
- Enable needy students to earn every month to meet their minimal expenses.
- Earn while you learn Program - Learning is based on the On The Job Training Schedules and implementation and/or execution of the same in currently unproductive time in the evenings or weekends.
- Gain Experience and Confidence - Undergoing specialized inputs on various subjects along with theoretical knowledge; applying that knowledge to “real life” situations will prepare the trainee to take on the world
Courses Offered, Qualification & Eligibility & Selection Process
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Qualification & Eligibility
- 10th / 12th Sci. / MCVC / ITI Pass
- Age : 18 yrs to 27 yrs
- Rural / Urban / Drought area unemployed youths
Selection ProcessAbhinav Skill Centre & Industry will jointly conduct the selection process; eligible students have to appear for a written test and interview after which they are sent to for an job training.
- Soft skills
- Work ethics
- Personality development
- Behavioral development
- Cleanliness and others
Roll of Industries & Students Benefits
- Apart from the essential facilities such as canteen, uniform, safety shoes, insurance etc. for each student of on job training, the cost of education is paid by the respective industry.
- In addition to this, respective industry also pays the specified monthly stipend to each student apprentice as per the prevalent provisions of “Apprenticeship act 1961”.
- Develop Contacts - Working with professionals, the trainee will tap into a network that can offer references, advice and information about new technologies.
- Focused Career Direction - The trainee will be able to explore his / her subject preferences and develop it into a career.
- Convert training into a Future Job - After completion of diploma & working experience, student becomes a preferred choice of any recruiter in the coming year.
Advantage of Scheme to COMPANY
- Continuous availability of worker for 3/4 years as per duration of scheme with minimum monthly Stipend.
- Inculcate training to students as per company work culture and requirement.
- Freedom from Tedious, Time & money consuming recruitment and training process.
- Students will work as Trainee and not Employee.
- Efficient young & needy blood which can give productive output.
- Company can choose their future Engineers from trainee.
- Indirect Contribution of Company in Social Work.
Important Points of EARN & LEARN SCHEME
- Students who are sourced and enrolled by Institute, will be selected by the company as per selection criteria.
- For outstation candidates, selection process will be conducted by the Institute in the identifies areas.
- Pre on job training, Medical test will be arranged by the Company.
- Institute will make “Code of Conduct document” for students and will ensure the adherence at shop floor.
- If any students leaves in between from On Job Training, replacement will be made within 10 days.
- Stipend to be made to Student on or before 05th of each month for the last month served.
- Attendance will be provided by Company Time office and will be maintained through punched card or system, Instructed by Company.
- Photo Identity card will be given by Institute and will ensure wearing of the same into company premises.
Contact Information For Abhinav Earn & Learn Scheme
Abhinav Skill Centre
(A Div. of Abhinav Education Services Pvt. Ltd.)
504-B, Dev Corpora Business Complex,
Opp. Cadbury Junction,
Thane (West) - 400 601
Tel.: 022-41230300 / 304 (8 lines)